Spicy Pumpkin Pie with Bourbon Whipped Cream
Add a splash of Bourbon
Makes one 9-inch pie
- 1 9-inch deep dish pie shell , unbaked
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 -1/2 cups canned solid pack pumpkin (not pie filling)
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Bourbon Whipped Cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer combine the sugars, flour, salt and spices to blend.
- Add the pumpkin, molasses, eggs and cream.
- Mix just to combine.
- Pour mixture into unbaked crust.
- Bake 40- 45 minutes until the filling is set in the center.
- Cool on a wire rack.
Bourbon Whipped Cream
1 cup of heavy cream
2 tablespoons sugar
1-1/2 tablespoons New Riff Bourbon (or to taste)
In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine heavy cream, sugar and bourbon. Beat until soft peaks form. Chill until ready to serve.