BOURBON MANHATTAN ON THE ROCKS
- 2 oz New Riff Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
- 1 oz sweet vermouth
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- maraschino cherries to garnish
- 1. Add Bourbon, bitters, Vermouth, and ice into a mixing glass
- 2. Stir, then strain into a coupe glass.
- 3. Garnish with a maraschino cherry in the cocktail glass of your choice, or put the cocktail cherries on a pick for easy access.
Cocktail connoisseurs know of the importance that stirring plays on the classic Manhattan. Some subscribe to exactly 30 stirs around the glass, letting the ice slightly dilute the cocktail to release many flavors. Those who struggle to keep track of exact stirs should look for a slight haze of condensation above the stirred liquid in the chilled glass. When this haze begins to appear, your cocktail is ready to be strained into a coupe glass.
Traditionally, Manhattans are made up – stirred with ice and strained into a cold glass.